Southern OB/GYN Associates (SOGA) offers obstetrical and gynecological services to women in the Metro-east St. Louis and Southwestern Illinois communities. We are currently accepting new patients in all 4 of our office locations. Our main office is in Breese, Illinois. We have additional locations in Highland, Greenville and Salem.
SOGA is committed to bringing high quality, compassionate care to our service areas. All of our physicians are university trained and board certified. Our mid level providers are all trained specifically in Women's Health, not just family practice. We have chosen to deliver babies at St. Joseph's Breese because we believe that it is the highest quality Women and Infant Center in the area.
SOGA is also a small, locally owned business. We live in the communities we serve and work very hard to support local events, charities and youth activities.
- 1982 – Southern Obstetrics and Gynecological Associates was found by Dr. Richard Dermody
- 1987 – Dr. Penny Gozia joined SOGA
- 1997 – Nurse practitioner, Nancy Taylor, joined SOGA
- August, 2000 – Dr. Anne Doll-Pollard joined SOGA after serving as Chief Medical Resident at Loyola University Medical Center outside of Chicago
- July, 2007 – Dr. Bonnie Gelly joined SOGA
- 2010 – SOGA implements Greenway electronic medical records
- 2013 - Dr. Christina Dothager and nurse practitioner, Breck Kramper joined SOGA
- 2017 - Nurse practitioner, Sara McKinzie joined SOGA
- 2018 - Certified nurse midwife, Megan Schniers joined SOGA
INSURANCE SOGA ACCEPTS
Southern OB/GYN Associates is committed to working out contracts with as many insurance providers as possible. The following list represents the insurance providers we currently accept. We try to keep this list as current as possible. However, if you do not see your insurance provider listed please contact our office for updated information or to discuss payment options.
- United HealthCare
- BCBS Illinois PPO
- Harmony (coming soon)
- Health Alliance PPO and HMO
- Golden Rule
- First Health
- United HealthCare Advantage PPO
Updated March 26th, 2018