Family planning is the process of determining when to have children by the use of birth control and other methods such as management and prevention of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), sexual health, infertility management and preconceptual care management and counseling.
At SOGA, our healthcare providers have years of experience in helping women plan their families and protect their fertility. We offer all types of birth control options for our patients so that each woman can find a solution that works for her. Whether the right choice is continuous abstinence, natural family planning/rhythm, emergency contraception or the methods described below SOGA can assist.
- Contraceptive sponge
- Diaphragm, cervical cap, and cervical shield
- Female condom
- Male condom
- Oral contraceptives – “The pill”
- The patch
- Vaginal ring
- Implantable rods – Nexplanon
- Intrauterine devices – Paragard, Mirena, Kyleena, Skyla
Permanent Birth Control
- Sterilization implant – Essure
- Surgical sterilization – vasectomy, traditional tubal ligation
For more information and specific descriptions on each contraception choice, please download the Birth Control Fact Sheet from WomensHealth.gov.